Natural Language Processing Engineer
Oklahoma City & Remote
Contract to hire
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Oseberg is a next-generation oil & gas information and data analytics company that offers a compelling new approach to rapidly convert public regulatory and county-level data into actionable intelligence. We aggregate the most inaccessible state, federal, and county records and deliver them to our users through a suite of all-encompassing B2B SaaS products that enable our users to search, map, mine, and perform statistical analysis on every strand of data. We also provide normalized, standardized, and high-quality frac data. Our technology reduces weeks and months of work to days and hours, empowering our users to rapidly uncover leasing, drilling, enhanced completion, and acquisition opportunities.
We are looking for a scientist and engineer experienced in the field of Natural Language Processing. You will be tasked with helping build an information extraction pipeline for a variety of oil and gas documents.
Experience in computational semantics is desired. Many of the problems involved in building our information extraction pipeline are special cases of Named Entity Recognition or Document Classification problems. You will help provide architectural direction in constructing these models, as well as be involved in the day to day development of them.
You will be responsible for experimental design and will work with a team of existing engineers to deploy your systems in production. You will also work with analysts and operations personnel to advise in the creation of relevant training data.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Python or Scala proficiency
- PhD or Masters in computer science or a related field with a specialization in natural language processing or machine learning
- Bachelors with 2+ years relevant NLP work experience
- Experience training and tuning machine learning models using open source toolkits
- *nix command line experience
- Knowledge of sequence models
- Some experience working with neural network models and the desire to go deeper
The following qualifications are also highly desirable:
- Education or familiarity with Oil and Gas data
- Research background in NLP, especially Named Entity Recognition and Document Classification
- Self motivation and scientific curiosity
- Experience with Hadoop or Spark
- Experience using RNNs for language tasks
What we offer:
A technology focused environment with deep appreciation and respect for using AI and ML to solve problems. The opportunity to develop skills with a fast growing company. Opportunities for remote work.
- Walk, lift, reach, stoop, sit, squat, bend, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and type for extended periods of time up to 10 hours
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper).
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment
- Minimal noise level
- Email a resume and cover letter to NLPResumes@oseberg.io