Dallas or Houston
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Oseberg is a next-generation oil & gas information and data analytics company that offers a compelling new approach to rapidly convert public regulatory and county-level data into actionable intelligence. We aggregate the most inaccessible state, federal, and county records and deliver them to our users through a suite of all-encompassing B2B SaaS products that enable our users to search, map, mine, and perform statistical analysis on every strand of data. We also provide normalized, standardized, and high-quality frac data. Our technology reduces weeks and months of work to days and hours, empowering our users to rapidly uncover leasing, drilling, enhanced completion, and acquisition opportunities.
To prospect and close business from new accounts using a high-velocity sales approach – content-driven marketing, prospect engagement and qualification, in-person and web-based sales presentations and product demonstrations.
The Sales Executive Role
Sales Executives establish new client relationships for Oseberg by pitching our vision and products and making sales.
As a Sales Executive, you will prospect a large territory in the broadest swath of our addressable market. When you’re successful, you will make a highly visible impact on Oseberg’s growth rate and be well rewarded for your results.
A lot of the Sales Executive’s work will take place along an inside track. Therefore you must be adroit at working the phone and using content-driven marketing to engage busy executives. At Oseberg, we provide unique data and software, but primarily sell a vision for how to leverage both. So, your sales pitches will be solution-oriented product demonstrations
We will teach you about Oseberg’s products and the broader landscape of oil & gas exploration, development and production. You must be a quick study of these concepts, able to internalize lots of new material and translate it into account-specific value propositions.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- inking new sales contracts that meet or exceed short-term quotas;
- partnering with Oseberg’s Client Success team to transition new accounts seamlessly;
- surfacing and handling objections that have no business standing in the way of a sale;
- understanding clients’ strategies and goals, and showing them how they can use Oseberg to excel at both;
- making crisp sales presentations that compellingly demonstrate Oseberg’s vision and products;
- speaking with sales leads and prospects by phone to qualify them and create sales opportunities;
- generating sales leads by research, networking, and referrals;
- building and accurately projecting sales from an opportunity pipeline.
Qualifications for the Sales Executive role include:
- A documented track record of consistently crushing sales quotas or goals
- 3 – 5 years of trained sales experience, preferably with SaaS products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (particularly over email and phone)
- Effective negotiation skills at all stages of the sales cycle
- Adept at establishing a value proposition, and earning the right to ask meaningful questions
- The ability to listen for real and perceived customer feedback, and translate into product feedback
- Experience in the Energy Industry is a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
In order for this role to be a fit, you must demonstrate these personal characteristics:
- Thinking differently
- Independent and comfortable autonomy
- Results driven
- Committed to becoming a sales & marketing ninja
- Motivated to win in a team setting, and driven to make strong individual contributions
- A desire to learn about and drive change in the oil & gas industry
- Total personal integrity
- Walk, lift, reach, stoop, sit, squat, bend, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and type for extended periods of time up to 10 hours
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper).
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment
- Minimal noise level