Oklahoma Weekly Report - 03/05/2018
Published on March 5, 2018
Oklahoma Leasing Activity
- Although the SCOOP remains one of the hottest plays in Oklahoma, the Arkoma is slowly but surely catching up.
- EXPRO Minerals (XP2 Holdings) has jumped onto the list in strong fashion taking over 180 leases in the last 60 days in the SCOOP and the STACK, taking their total to over 1,000 leases.
- Canyon Creek and Corterra Energy continue adding to their position in Coal and Hughes counties.
- Sign up to receive these reports directly in your inbox to see who stays on top.
Oklahoma Spacing Applications
- Devon Energy has been steadily increasing activity in the STACK week-over-week. This is no surprise given a recent investor presentation in which they announced that their 600,000+ net acres in the STACK would remain one of their two primary areas of focus in 2018.
- EOG continues their strong activity in McClain county.
Oklahoma Pooling Applications
- This week, Charter Oak Production filed pooling orders for their position in McClain County.
- This suggest they are planning a multi-unit horizontal well pad. We will want to keep an eye out for production levels once the wells are complete.
Oklahoma Completion Filings
- This week, our focus is on Marathon Oil’s horizontal completions in the STACK. Of note is their recent filing of completion documents for their TAN lease, which is an 8 well pad targeting the Mississippi formation.
Oklahoma Intents to Drill
- Of note is Devon’s increase in potential drilling activity in the STACK; recently filed permits include their 6-well pad in Kingfisher County.
Oklahoma Location Exception
- Calyx Energy has been increasing filings in the Arkoma Basin… this suggests they have their eye on something! We will want to watch for future IP amounts to see if their wells had any success.